reroute emails from virgin media to outlook

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

reroute emails from virgin media to outlook

Post by Dave Davison »

Just had a security issue with my Virgin media and had to change log in details so I suppose this is why my emails are no longer forwarded to my Outlook account. What settings need to be tweeked to restore this feature please? Dave

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: reroute emails from virgin media to outlook

Post by John Gray »

Virgin Media (without any notification) has required that the signon to their mail server (webmail) should be by an email address other than a Virgin Media one. Once I did this I am able to sign on to the Virgin Media email website.
I didn't have to change anything on Outlook (2010), which had/has continued to work throughout this saga... (I access this using POP3/SMTP.)

Try posing a question on their email forum - sometimes you get a helpful answer!

[There is a Conspiracy Theory that Virgin Media are trying to get rid of their email service, and you may well wish to look into moving to some other email provider, which you hope will be more reliable...]
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

John Gray wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 18:04
...[There is a Conspiracy Theory that Virgin Media are trying to get rid of their email service...]
The same thing crops up regularly in the email section of my ISP's forum.

Ken

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks for the replies, MS is always up to something which - in my opinion- are backward steps rather than enhancing the system.
After blocking my email account; supposedly for security purposes, it has taken me two live chats and three phone calls to get access to my acount again after wo weeks. Will try the link John gave and if need be, fish around on you tube for assistance. Oh for the days of XP which for me was the best they ever designed. Cheers guys and a happy Christmas to all members. Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for your good wishes, and Merry Christmas to you too!
Best wishes,
Hans